Saturday, September 26, 2009

White Ironstone

So many  have posted about white ironstone that I hate to even mention it. However, it is my favorite also.
While I am waiting on my  surprise birthday gift in November from my husband , which is to be a camera,

til then I have to use some pictures I have in my computer from the store.
This is in the old white jelly cupboard. Most  of this is older but to me it is all beautiful. I have so many customers who look exclusively for white ironstone.  I try to keep an assortment but since it is such demand I really need to look when I go to Roundtop tomorrow.


I know I will find some there.
We usually stay at the Ant Street Inn in Brenham but this time I waited too long and they were booked.
My husband likes the room with the grain elevator in the middle of it. Looks like a guillotine to me. He calls it the Ant Hill Inn.
One advantage at this hotel, other than the elegance and comfort,  is you get all the free Blue Bell ice cream you want.  They keep it stocked in the 2nd floor refrigerator. We have stayed there many times.
If you get an opportunity when the Spring show comes around, book a room there.  You won't be disappointed.
Hope to see all of you at the blog party Sunday night at Theresa's booth. 

4 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Lois, thanks so much for coming by, I love all the pieces of ironstone, and I never get tired of it! I've been collecting soup tureens and pitchers for the last several years, and I see a couple of great tureens in your photos... and your white cupboard is wonderful!
Debra

The Victorian Parlor said...

The ironstone is lovely!

Blessings,

Kim

Debra@CommonGround said...

I just wanted to say thanks so much for your always sweet and thoughtful comments. They mean so much to me!
Are you headed to Theresa's Blog Party? Oh, lucky you. Have lots of fun. I so wish I could be there!Take care,
Debra

Cindy said...

LOVE old white ironstone! It's great! And how sweet of you to remember me and stop by my little blog, we met so briefly. That was so very kind of you. I will be back to visit you again! :D

-c
yapping cat