Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Today I will post on Valentine cards from older times.
I have a large collection of cards mainly from 1880's to 1910's.
Here I will show a few:
These are so beautiful. 
 
Just a few minutes ago a lady who was visiting town today and all the 8 antique shops
asked if she could take a picture of the table I have decorated for Valentine's Day.
Of course I was pleased and said yes.
Here is one part of it.
 
And here another side:
Another card shown on my English Chippendale china.
Another few cards with a heart shaped baking pan.
And here:

Are they not sweet?
One of my favorites below
Well you see what I mean.  I love these old cards.  Many many were made in Germany.
But all are special and portray the day with perfect sentiment.
Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
Lois

No comments: