Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shepard Hill Cafe and Bakery opening soon

GOOD NEWS

They have finally received the go ahead from the City to open on Wednesday, September 8.

I was there this past Saturday and they are ready for the opening.

To get ready  they had to rearrange all the other exhibits in the store.




Everything is looking good and I cannot wait to go have a taste of her new menu items at the Cafe.
Debbie had a Tea Room years ago here and the food there was great!!! I am expecting the same from her in this new place.    
Her menu sounds wonderful and includes sandwiches, salads, soups, and 2 hot entrees daily.
There is also a bakery with fresh homemade pies, cakes, pastries and kolaches.

We have donut shops here in town but no real bakery. This will be a wonderful asset.


Some photos from around her shop that I took while there. 



As you can see she has quite the touch with decorating with shabby old farmhouse items.
And this is how it looks during re-decorating for the new cafe.   It will look even better when the new Cafe opens.  There is a greenhouse or glasshouse in the middle of the place. Loved it.







She can make a worn out old cabinet look like a million. 

Whatever she touches turns to cool.




So next time you are here in Huntsville stop in and see what
we are all talking about. Her web site is www.shepardhillcafe.com
Telephone is 936 295-3405.

5 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I posted about her shop too a while back. Glad to hear the cafe is finally going to open. Can't wait to try it.

Pat said...

Yes, very interesting place. Wish I lived close enough to drop in!

Donna Lynn said...

Lovely shop and Cafe, sure wish I could visit, shop and have lunch!

Romantik Seelchen said...

best wishes from Jasmin, a beautiful decoration is always a good reception, but what I see is already quite lovely ...

Anonymous said...

I was recently in Shepard Hill Cafe. I was disappointed in the food and service. The food had no flavor and the chicken I had was extremely dry. I asked the price of a item in the store, but no one was able to give me a price on it. So I called them several times requesting the price. They never returned my call. I have heard many people tell me about their horrible experiences at this establishment. I would not recommend the place to anyone. Half the time the place is in a complete and total disarray. When asking someone in the store about products or prices, no one is knowledgeable enough to be of service.