Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Skip 2 My Lou

     2 weeks ago I had a visitor here at the store who bought some antique belt buckles. I  never really expected to hear from her again or at least not for some time. Imagine my surprise at the Dallas Market this weekend when I found her there selling her jewelry creations that she makes from old pieces of found art, including the belt buckles. 

Here she is at her booth in Dallas:
She agreed to me taking pictures of her jewelry creations and posting about her. She also sells at Marburger shows.

Here is the one she made from the antique Art Deco belt buckle she bought from me and is my favorite.
The belt buckle has a black cameo mounted into the center. She uses these antique sepia toned pictures for holders for the jewelry creations. This belt buckle is now a pendant.

another that appears to ask a question?????

Her displays are truly a work of art also and I do not say this lightly having just returned from the land of displays, Dallas Market.
She uses old brooches and belt buckles as well as parts of other necklaces that are no longer functional and turns them into these objects of art.
A few more:

This one made with a frozen Charlotte doll head.



2 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Just gorgeous, I love these!!!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Lois, I believe I do remember hearing of her, and I know you had told me about her the other, but I think she sells at Marburger Farms Antique Show. Will you post more on the market? I know they are funny about picture taking, hope you had a good time, T