Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thoughts of Spring


Do I sound like a broken record?  I cannot sing the praises of springtime any more than I am feeling them. When I walk out of my house in the morning to come to work it is with a new spring in my step. The azaleas in all their glory are one of the main things I wait for to tell my inner clock that the most wonderful season that God gave us is here again. 

Since I spend so much time here at the store I will show some more pictures of displays. I guess you are tired of my azaleas
in bloom pics anyway!!!

The old rusted yellow metal chair and farm to market sign to the right are ready to go home with a lucky buyer, as well as the mate to this chair which is sitting to it's left and unseen.



A shot of a display window:  note the 1890's pink dress on wicker dress form and the Turkey Red
Shams on the bed. A bouquet of our heavenly bluebonnets is on the wicker bed tray. At the foot of the
bed is shown an old red embroidered quilt. (Our annual event called Airing of the Quilts is coming up on
May 1 so the quilt is to follow that theme.)

Spring speaks of planting and growing to me. These old posters are advertising seeds.















And here is shown a pretty set of kitchen canisters with a spring theme. These are in Kim's booth.



















And this green and pink Paragon china tea set is a favorite of mine. It yells out spring every time I pass it.



This little chipped chalk statue with her violin is near the front of the store on an old oak pump organ which gets lots of questions. It is from 1884. Swivel stool with it. This little statue keeps asking to go home with me and I admit to feeling sad every night when I turn out the lights to leave.





 And nothing says spring to me like blue and white transferware.



Flow Blue plate and bamboo pattern English.



right:  Flow Blue Blue Willow English from 1850 in back as well as Asiatic Pheasant blue white transferware bowl in front of it.







Below is a yellow set in Kim's booth. This is beautiful.
Pitcher and glasses. Some cottage prints behind.


And to the right is a spring colored antique quilt. This is wonderful with the pale green.









Here are two pink dresses from the 1950's. The one on left is lacy and the other is a feed sack floral cotton dress. Both wonderful condition.
And the left picture is of our inventory of 1950's crinolines in yellow, black, white, blue, red and pink. 





Hope you enjoyed the pretty pieces of color in the store.
Lois

2 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Your displays look great. The pastel grouping look nice also. Have a good Sunday..

The Victorian Parlor said...

Oooo...what pretty spring things!

Blessings,

Kim