Friday, August 7, 2015

Summer time and the living is not so easy!!

I do not like this extreme heat.  It is interfering with the time we spend out of doors. My cat likes to go out in the mornings and sit on the patio and listen to the birds and cicadas.  We spend hours doing this. He is an indoor cat and was declawed before we got him.
I am waiting for some cooler weather,  it is 102 today, to spread a small table for breakfast for husband and I and cat.  Shown above is an antique English breakfast set. The colors are perfect for what I am seeing in my future breakfasts once fall is here.
I have several of these mostly English breakfast sets and love to use them when allowed to outside.
A cool looking set.  Light pink tones.

Part of a black white Wedgwood set.  Crisp and clean.
















This is in mulberry.  See toast rack.





















Another pink and fushia set. 
Villeroy and Boch set pattern Burgenland.

And lastly,  Burgess and Leigh set. 
Don't you love them and can think of lots of tablescapes you arrange using them?  I can and do.
Have a good rest of the summer,  and keep cool.
Lois

No comments: